The Quality Manager is responsible for safeguarding product safety and quality while meeting
Company and regulatory standards and has oversight responsibility for a continuous quality
improvement program that includes quality control and quality assurance. This person is responsible
for ensuring that the production of products meets or exceeds all quality standards.
This person also has responsibility for communicating quality results and the transfer of quality and QA
knowledge to the workforce.
• Ensures product safety, regulatory compliance, and compliance with company standards as
stated in the Quality Assurance Manual, Laboratory Manual, and Company directives.
• Drives Continuous Improvement efforts in product quality/performance and process optimization.
• Develops, facilitates, and maintains the HACCP program.
• Implements and maintains all Company quality systems (i.e. SQF 2000).
• Communicates quality metric and inspection results to appropriate managers and others in
• Develops and maintains documentation of all required quality tests and activities.
Key driver of our Food Safety Culture
• Provides leadership in coaching, education and training of management staff and plant
employees for Quality Assurance; seeks assistance as needed from other company
Create a positive workplace for direct reports. Actions include making employment decisions, disciplinary actions, writing and conducting performance evaluations, objective setting and associate development/training; planning, assigning, and directing work; addressing complaints and resolving problems within and between departments.
Ensures that proper sanitation procedures are utilized and that adequate sanitation tests are
performed; provides “troubleshooting” efforts in the event of sanitation system failure.
• Is responsible for expense management and control, including labor and “Cost of Quality” utilizing
Continuous Improvement techniques and a Management Operating Structure (MOS).
• Cooperates in a cross-functional manner as a change agent with all departments within the
• Leads by example with the Company Code of Ethics. This includes following Company
policies, standards and specifications.
• Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring planning, evaluating, organizing,
integrating and delegating.
• Reviews all product labels used in the facility and ensures adherence to regulatory and Company
• Lead local, state, customer/third party, and federal audits, and inspections.
Serve as a point of contact with food safety regulatory agencies. Review all events and prepare responses to Non-Compliance Reports (NR’s) and other compliance-related events.
Maintain current knowledge about food safety and quality management systems, product labeling, and item code setup. Maintain current knowledge about technical food safety topics and issues along with USDA, FDA, and Wisconsin Department of Agriculture laws, codes, rules, and regulations, and GFSI-recognized standards.
Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in a science-based area of study is preferred.
• A minimum of 8 years related food industry experience with food safety and quality systems including 2 years auditing experience (internal and/or external).
Prior supervisory experience required.
• Possesses a working knowledge of sanitation systems, techniques and procedures.
• Familiarity with Good Manufacturing Practices.
• Experience leading and following Safety/Security Policies and Procedures.
• Ability to follow all Sanitation and Quality Policies and Procedures, and report and follow through
on any deficiencies.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and computer-based applications.
• Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
• Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs; ability to lead others through
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Skill in organization and prioritization, and attention to detail.
• Strong team player and leader with the ability to work across multiple functions and disciplines.
• Ability to select, coach, develop, engage and retain a team of employees.
• Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including drug, background and criminal