Sales Manager-Western US and Mexico
Our client is a global foods ingredients business selling in over thirty countries and with manufacturing facilities in the UK, China and France.
Primary function is to help build a sustainable & profitable business within the region. Developing business by targeting all aspects of the Food Industry. Identifying opportunities and developing an on-going business relationship with all relevant customers and partners in the market. Primary market; Food Manufacturers, Food Service & Retail. This is a home office based position.
- Outgoing, driven & self-motivated.
- Blue chip account management experience. Additional FMCG experience an advantage.
- High level of commercial & technical understanding.
- Wide network of Industry contacts.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Spanish speaking preferred .
- To have a sound knowledge of the industrial food market, with at least 5 years’ experience in handling customers at all levels from factory to senior mgmt.
- Experience of establishing and on-going mgmt. of Broker and Distributor networks. Incl. regular business reviews and target setting to achieve strategy.
- Good level of understanding of; Manufacturing, Retail & Foodservice markets, experience of working on retailer brand ranges would be an advantage.
- Strong level of knowledge needed in at least 2 of the following areas;
- Cereals, Snacks, Confectionary (Sugar, Chocolate & Bakery), Beverages.
Sr. Process Engineer-Northeast
- Identification, assessment, validation and documentation of process technology to deliver identified new products.
- Conducts assessment and capability studies and supervises new product startups/commercialization and provides on-site support to Project Engineers and Plant Operations.
- Provides expertise in developing new and innovative manufacturing processes.
- Provides on-site and remote technical services, observing processes, pinpointing and fixing problems to assure consistent quality and capacity.
- Creates, designs, supervises the development of new process/equipment and experimental protocols required to validate product concepts and prototypes.
- Independently directs the activities of outside vendors and fabricators in the development and fabrication of new equipment, and managing the testing of such equipment both at the vendor facility and production plants.
- Requires the ability to interact and communicate effectively with Sr. R&D Management, Product Development, QA, Plant Management and line operators. The Process Engineer must be a good problem solver, must be able to identify, interpret and analyze the correct data, and provide detailed directions to development projects.
- Maintains active knowledge and understanding in areas beyond Process Development, including Product and Package Development, QA, Project Engineering, and a thorough understanding of Marketing needs and financial hurdles.
- Sustains a high level of competence and professionalism in a dynamic business environment i.e: Proficient in driving team alignment on technical solutions and strategies.
- B.S Chemical Engineering, Food Engineering, Agriculture Engineering with Food Processing emphasis
- 6-10+ years of related experience with a consumer packaged goods background – Desired experience baking in the area of biscuit manufacturing, e.g.: Cookies and Crackers
- Excellent analytical skills, strong attention to details, good communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle and lead multiple projects at any given time in a team environment.
- Conceptual familiarity with modeling engineering process calculations such as heat/mass balance, process capability, and capacity analysis, and ability to apply in practical situations.
- Intermediate computer skills involving statistical, drawing, calendar scheduling maintenance and presentation software.
Packaging R&D Manager
This position is based in the Pacific Northwest. A good background in complex film and vertical and horizontal packaging systems is preferred, A BS in Packaging (or related) and at least 5 years of food or consumer packaging experience is needed.
This position will support process engineering efforts of the company working members of the Engineering team and plant operations. These efforts will include providing technical expertise to the plant, initiate and lead projects to support improvements to cost and productivity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities will include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Complete engineering studies of plant operations as required to evaluate and improve plant operations.
- Successfully troubleshoot and implement solutions to solve plant operations issues.
- Support new capital projects through successful overall process design and equipment selection.
- Set up and metric around yield and productivity lead projects to improve upon these metrics.
- Provide technical assistance to manage and correct issues surrounding yield and product recovery.
- Lead projects to manage and reduce waste generation and recovery.
- Provide technical assistance to evaluate and scale up new products working with the engineering and technical teams.
Provide engineering support to resolve quality problems.
Education and/or Experience
BS in Chemical Engineering or related field. A minimum of 5 or more year’s related engineering experience in a production or research environment training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Demonstrated ability to drive and execute process improvement and project execution.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Demonstrated understanding of pet food manufacturing systems and the related processes including but not limited to; meat grinding, canning, extrusion, spray drying, reactor design and concepts and dry blend equipment
- Knowledge of safety practices applicable to food research laboratory and food manufacturing environments and ability to lead designated safety practices
- Project management skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to lead a team effectively
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly to changing priorities
Project Manager-R&D- Upper Midwest
This person should have a background in food science and at least 5-10 years of product development experience. He/she will lead R&D projects from concept through roll out. Kitchen development experience is needed. The ability to bring together a group to create excellent products is needed.
European Business Manager-Packaging-Upper Midwest
The European Business Development Manager will identify, recruit and develop partners within the territory, including reps, agents, value-added re-sellers, integrators, distributors, consultants, and complimentary vendors.
Through regular meetings and communication, the European Business Development Manager will establish productive, professional relationships with Partner principals / key decision makers in assigned territory..
Other Key Responsibilities
- Look for Partners that can bring value to Meheen and increase our Brand awareness in the European market.
- Prioritize markets and determine market entry strategies for new regions and for new and existing product portfolios.
- Collect and analyze market data to drive growth and develop markets.
- Assign sales territories and set and enforce sales goals with Partners.
- Ensure revenue targets of Partners are achieved within the responsible territories.
- Establish and lead regular meetings and conference calls with Partners.
- Train Partners to ensure continual improvement in capability, knowledge, customer service, performance and profitability.
- Ensure Partners are equipped with the necessary sales skills to represent Meheen through coaching individuals in the field and personally observing the performance of distributors.
- Establish and enforce pricing and discount policies.
- Prepare and execute annual reviews of Partners.
- Monitor lead pipelines and develop comprehensive reporting
- Develop an accurate and realistic annual budget plan and monitor performance to budget.
- Attend trade exhibitions.
- Domestic and international travel required.
- Other related tasks as required.
- Knowledge and significant contacts/relationships in the Packaging Equipment industry, specifically with Europe
- Significant sales management experience
- Excellent communicator with the ability to motivate Partners
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Commercially astute with strong negotiating skills.
- Proven experience conducting market analysis and identifying new territories.
- Ability to work with people across different cultures and nationalities.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
- The drive and commitment to achieve personal and company goals.
- Knowledge and use of Salesforce.com is required.
- The ability and willingness to travel both domestically and internationally.
Maintain the company's name through safe operation, effectively interacting with production staff as well as clients, coordinating projects resulting in both innovations and cost savings. Work with the production department to ensure maximum production is achieved without compromising food product quality or safety. Also maintain a professional work environment, free from discrimination of all types.
- ـ Maintain and improve Quality Control and Assurance programs to ensure all customer requirements are met or exceeded.
- ـ Respond to inquiries from customers or suppliers.
- ـ Be available for any QC issues/questions/concerns that arise.
- ـ Actively participate in Production Meetings.
- ـ Perform daily review of material usages in blending to ensure proper documentation and traceability is maintained.
- ـ Monitor and update Weight Control, Receiving, Allergen, Lot Number, Hold Log and other Material Control programs.
- ـ Handle quality issues that arise that require immediate attention.
- ـ Review weight control reports and implement changes as necessary.
- ـ Coach QC Supervisors and QC technicians along with assisting coworkers from other departments as needed.
- ـ Ensure the QC supervisors are performing their work according to procedures.
- ـ Evaluate the isolation of nonconforming items.
- ـ Give disposition of nonconforming items and communicate to the departments responsible to complete the task.
- ـ Review performance of the department.
- ـ Review customer complaint files.
- ـ Schedule coverage for vacations/time off. (As necessary)
- ـ Review timesheets for all Company employees, fill out Compact employees timesheets
- ـ Ensure the cost of quality report is accurate and submitted to the Board of Directors.
- ـ Ensure the customer complaint report is accurate and submitted for review.
- ـ Ensure the weight control-give away reports are accurate,
- ـ Ensure all of the items on hold have a disposition and have been communicated to the appropriate personnel.
- ـ Participate in internal audits (Bimonthly).
- ـ Actively participate in safety meetings.
- ـ Lead numerous customer and third party audits including FPA audit.
- ـ Follow up on customer complaints ensuring the corrective actions have been implemented.
- ـ Implement quality control procedures for use on the plant floor.
- ـ Use continuous improvement tools to reduce the cost of quality at the company.
- ـ Developed and Implemented SOP procedures in English and Spanish including a training program.
- ـ If QC supervisor is not available, cover or ensure there is coverage.
- ـ Train, discipline and coach the QC department.
- ـ Ensure and perform training on plant HACCP, GMP and Bioterrorism programs to prevent unsafe products from entering commerce.
- ـ Prepare Plant in anticipation of external or customer audits.
- ـ Maintain written procedures
- ـ Hold position of the HACCP coordinator in the Company which includes setting up the annual review of the program.
- ـ Actively participate on the Productivity and Improvement team
- ـ Stock recovery team leader-developed best practices to reduce lot sizes using plant inventory programs as a foundation.
- ـ Set up mock recalls (twice a year).
National Account Manager
Our client is looking for an excellent sales person with experience calling on C-Store accounts in the food industry. This person should have at least 5 years of experience calling on headquarter accounts and be willing to travel 50%. It is a home based position and flexible within the Midwest or Mid Atlantic as long as the person is near a major airport. Broker management experience is a requirement.
Sr. Scientist/Principal Scientist-Fluid Products-Northeast
This person will proactively lead the development of HTST, ESL, and Aseptic fluid new products, cost savings, and quality improvements for a leading dairy manufacturer. This person needs a science degree (MS or PhD pref.) and at least 12 years of product innovation leadership in the dairy industry.
Food Safety Quality and Regulatory Manager-Ohio
The Food Safety, Quality, and Regulatory (FSQR) Manager will be responsible for the planning, development and maintenance of all Food Safety, Quality, and regulatory systems at the Ohio location including: developing and implementing FSQR policies, continuous improvement of FSQR processes and systems, shaping the location’s quality and food safety culture and leading talent management practices. Responsible for developing, implementing, driving and delivering superior execution of business and customer expectations. Key member of the location leadership team.
20% Ensure compliance of regulations/policies – ultimate accountability for all FSQR compliance. Analyzes, reviews, interprets FSQR policies. Implements programs to ensure customer and supplier standards are met. Monitors regulatory activities, ensures plant compliance, acts as liaison with regulatory authorities at local level.
20% Perform prevention activities and issue resolution – acts as customer interface, manages FSQR audits, responds to customer questions/complaints, proactively identifies risks, takes action to prevent FSQR non-conformities.
20% Develops, implements and assesses process/systems – plans and directs all FSQR programs and management of change, implements product specification systems, drives continuous improvement, and provides input to location leaders related to capital needed to maintain a food safety and quality leadership position in the business. Drives implementation of process control strategies using data analysis, trending, application of statistics, root cause analysis & corrective actions and other quality management tools.
20% Shapes food safety, quality and regulatory culture/reputation - interfaces with manager/directors within BU and represent FSQR as part of location management team, acts as liaison between customer and operations to ensure standard/expectations are met, builds and develops effectively engaged FSQR workforce, leads implementation of FSQR strategy/tactical plans for Ohio DSM and other related BU projects
20% People/resource/budget management – lead talent management of employees in FSQR organization. Accountable for selection, training, development, performance management and engagement of direct/indirect reports, develop/implement short range (tactical) FSQR plans in alignment with BU and local plans, actively participates in development of FSQR initiatives and budgets, and sets accurate and challenging budgets, key member of location leadership team. Works collaboratively within FSQR function and cross functionally.
Minimum 5 years in quality control/quality assurance experience
Minimum 3 years of experience with direct supervision of Laboratory personnel
Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Quality, HACCP and food safety practices such as risk assessment, auditing, assigning product disposition
Clear understanding of laboratory function/operations of standard to moderately complex lab equipment
Demonstrated ability to evaluate processes, identify and act on Opportunities For Improvement
Proven ability to behave in accordance with our company values and ethics
4-year degree in scientific discipline such as food science, chemistry, biology or related field
Dressings, Sauces and Mayonnaise Quality and Manufacturing experience or other relevant RTE Food Manufacturing experience.
Excellent organizational skills including time management and ability to effectively prioritize multiple projects.
P.O. Box 981 Monticello, MN 55362
Phone: (763) 878-2079 Fax: (763) 878-2547
Toll Free: 1-888-200-2084